Silhouette, the leading manufacturer of rimless frames, was first launched by Anneliese and Arnold Schmied in Austria in 1964.
With a philosophy that eyewear should be lightweight and comfortable, strong and attractive, Silhouette uses innovative
technology to create eyewear of the highest quality:
- Silhouette's goal is to create sophisticated eyewear that is reduced to its most essential elements but remains highly functional and stylish.
- Silhouette has revolutionized the eyewear market creating Titan Minimal Art - rimless, screw-less, hinge-less and incredibly lightweight frames from exclusive, high-quality materials.
- In order to create their vision, Silhouette has developed technologies to produce their own patented materials such as lightweight SPX plastic and High Tech Titanium.
- Silhouette's stunning eyewear designs which are inspired by approaching eyewear as an accessory to oneâ€™s appearance, have won numerous international design awards.
- While Silouhette has become an icon for revolutionary light and comfortable rimless eyewear, they also offer fullrim eyewear at the same high quality and craftsmanship as its rimless varieties.